Screw piles are a type of deep foundation consisting of hollow steel shafts with helical flights, of various sizes, that are installed (or screwed) into the ground to the required design depth. The winding action used to install the piles is quick and occurs with minimal noise and vibrations.
What are screw piles?
Once at their target depths, the hollow steel shafts are filled with concrete and provide the connection to the supporting structure above. They are ideal for supporting building foundations and, because of the low noise and vibration installation, are ideal for projects within the established urban environment.
Also, due to the low ground disturbance during installation, they are suitable for sites where the minimisation of spoil is important, e.g. contaminated sites. Additionally, we can install screw piles with a range of different sized equipment, meaning that they can be installed in hard to access spots.
Do you have screw piling needs for your next project?
Get in touch with us, we love to talk shop.
- Fast to install
- Minimal noise and vibration during installation
- Low ground disturbance – no spoil to remove from the site
- Applicable for a range of different soil types
- Can be installed in low access locations
- Suitable for both tension and compression loads
- Commercial building foundations
- Residential buildings
- Retaining walls
- Road embankments
- Ground or slope anchoring
- Built to industry standards
- Can be designed for a range of different soil types and loading scenarios
- Can be connected to the building foundation through a direct connection or by using steel reinforcing bars cast into the top of the pile
- Corrosion is addressed either by allowing for a sacrificial thickness of steel or by adding a surface coating to provide protection
- Designed following the New Zealand Building Code
"Whilst we are guided by our Safety and Quality Management Systems, we still believe in the integrity of a handshake."
Interested in getting in touch with us about our drilling & piling services?
Flick us an email or a form, or give us a call today.
Why use Texco?
- An established contractor with 40 years in business
- Proven experience with screw piles in a range of ground conditions for a variety of developments
- A long and successful history of completing bored piles from 450mm to 1,500mm diameter, and depths ranging from a few meters to over 40m
- ISO9001 accreditation
- The piles and pile helix are manufactured in-house to the highest quality standards – helices are cut, formed and pressed using our CNC machine. Our qualified and experienced welders fabricate the pile
- Engineers who can provide a design and sign-off service
- Wide range of equipment available to install screw piles from small to large
- Able to perform verification testing when required